About Me

Mother, Partner, artist, vegetarian, slave to a borzoi, thinker, doer, magicker, pagan, nature, fashion, recycled, dog-showing, researcher, creator, imaginer.....

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My dog, because he's awesome



For those who know me even a little, you'll probably know my dog. And this blog without mention of him would be silly. His name is Oberon and he is my third 'child'. He is very well known in our town and he is a very happy, sociable dog. He is a borzoi. A somewhat rarer breed in Australia. He loves our kids, though he does play a bit rough with them. Recently my almost 5 yr old came home with some art. In the picture she had to say what makes her smile. Her answer: My dog chasing me. He often likes to treat her as a hurdle and sometimes doesn't clear her. oops. Still he loves them and they love him. He loves rough play from the adults, something i wasn't expecting from a borzoi, but glad he is like that. He is full of confidence.


Oberon was bought as a pet as we had no intention of showing. I started to become interested in showing and Oberon started to really show that he met the standard. We started showing him when he was 14 months old. He is doing well and we have our first Chamionship Breed Specialty in one week. Really looking forward to it.

I love my dog, I am the crazy dog lady. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment