About Me

Mother, Partner, artist, vegetarian, slave to a borzoi, thinker, doer, magicker, pagan, nature, fashion, recycled, dog-showing, researcher, creator, imaginer.....

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This is taking some organising

Most who know me would say that my organisational skills are not the best, but my problem solving skills are pretty great. It seems that this chicken adventure i am on takes some organising. Firstly theres me trying to organise into one trip picking up 6 birds from 3 different locations in a set time frame. That was with the second set of chooks recently picked up and task completed pretty well. This next lot didn't take organising getting them, just what to do when they got here. Realising that the pullets need their own coop made me very glad we kept our original coop from our old place. It is a very handy old piece of junk. So when I got my new pullets (young hens) home yesterday, it was only then that I realised that I couldn't just throw them in with the adults. especially since they need their own food. So today I made sure everything was right for them in their little abode. New water and feed containers and food. All done. And then realising that they need to be kept in their coop for at least a week. how boring for them but i guess thats the life of most backyard chooks.

So names undecided as yet, but our new additions are miss silver sussex,
Photobucket

miss buff sussex
Photobucket

and miss silver grey dorking.
Photobucket

I am considering name them Buffy (Buff), Willow (Dorking) and Faith (silver sussex). seems fitting since we already have a cordelia who is a bit of a bossy boots over Audrey. I think i should rename some of the Others and give some of the blacks a name too.

In case it hasn't been said here are the current names:

Plymouth: Starfall
Wyandotte: Flame
Araucana: Falcon
Orp 1: Jaffa
Orp 2: ??
light sussex 1: Audrey
light sussex 2: Cordelia
3 blacks: ????

No comments:

Post a Comment